Spring is the time to cleanse, detox the liver and awaken the body, mind and spirit from a long winter hibernation. There are many cleanses you can buy at health food and supplement stores, but I believe you will have a much more effective cleanse if you eat the foods Mother Nature brilliantly provides for us at this time of year.
A store-bought cleanse can be a good jump start, but you can’t expect something that lasts for one week or even 30 days to clear out all of the toxins you have accumulated over the year(s). It makes so much more sense to eat the foods that are designed to cleanse the body, for the entire spring season. Food is incredibly powerful and medicinal, so from now until Summer begins, ensure you incorporate the following principles to ensure your body does its necessary and essential spring cleaning job.
- Drink lemon in your water every day
- Add liquid chlorophyll to your water (it’s available at health food stores and it’s an internal deodorizer and cleanser)
- Incorporate organic vegetable juicing (ginger, apple, lemon, celery, fennel, beet greens)
- Add wheatgrass (you can buy frozen wheatgrass at health food stores or go to Booster or Jugo Juice)
- Eat one to two salads every day and include liver cleansing greens (dandelion greens, radicchio, arugula, endive—included in the boxes of Organic Spring Mix as well as radishes and organic sprouts)
- Enjoy the vegetables that are unique to spring such as fiddleheads
- Add parsley, cilantro and watercress to your diet (add to salads, with eggs, or to garnish your foods)
- Drink dandelion tea or fresh ginger tea
- Incorporate cleansing and purifying broths such as potassium broth, Bieler broth and chicken broth (all recipes are available in my book, Journey to Optimum Wellness through Sound Nutrition)
To learn more about seasonal eating and all of the important nutritional and lifestyle principles to incorporate at this time of year, join me for my annual lecture.
Seasonal Eating: Transitioning to a Spring Diet
Date and time: Saturday April 9th. 1-2:30pm
Location: 2031 25th Street SW
To register, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited so register ASAP.
Spring is the most important time of year to change your diet and lifestyle. Don’t miss out on this important time of year to cleanse your body, mind and spirit!
- Community blog: Winter, nature’s season of rest by Amy Bondar
- Community blog: In transition by Amy Bondar
- Community blog: Stress and food by Amy Bondar
- Community blog: Healing foods formula for recovering from a C-section by Amy Bondar
- Community blog: How I lost myself in a bag of popcorn by Amy Bondar
Amy Bondar, nutritionist, author and speaker, has dedicated her life to inspiring, educating and motivating people to realize the significant impact sound nutrition has on achieving optimum wellness. Amy is the author of Journey to Optimum Wellness through Sound Nutrition and has created and developed 7 Steps to Sound Nutrition™ – possibly North America’s most all-encompassing approach to nutrition. It is a synthesis of scientific, holistic, Eastern and Western insights designed to empower you to master your understanding of the best foods and lifestyle choices your unique body needs to help you reach your greatest level of health. Amy has worked alongside some of North America’s leading integrative healers, in her private practice and has created hundreds of customized nutritional programs for prevalent health conditions as well as for those who are interested in creating a healthier relationship with food by shifting away from diet mentality into true nutritional consciousness. Amy has witnessed hundreds of clients experience the vast healing potential of foods and the high quality of life that results from making the nourishment of the body and soul the foundation for daily living. For more information visit www.amybondar.com, or to work with Amy or book her for a lecture, call 403-245-2611.
Leave a Reply